Ore TraK System
RF Tag's "Ore TraK" system brings an end to the laborious
process of trying to control underground mining activities using
washers, wooden blocks and metal balls. RF Tag's "Ore TraK"
system uses cutting edge radio frequency technology thus enabling the
mine manager to gain a clear understanding of the makeup of the
conveyed ore and waste flows. The information is initially gathered by
a " tag-reader" system and can be sent via a network to the
Ore TraK- Benefits
- Tracks ore from working place to
- Identifies the source of minerals whether reef or
- Reduces material
- Reduces reef ending up on the waste conveyor.
- Reduces waste ending up on the reef
- Enables an assessment of time for waste and reef to
- Measures team performance.
- Increase in the mines
- Quick payback on system in a matter of
- Enables more control of what is happening
Ore TraK consists of
- Passive disposable UHF Tags protected by robust
HDPE Secondary Packaging. These are blast resistant and
designed for use underground.
- Readers with external antennas for mounting on
conveyors. The readers are housed in IP65 enclosures for outdoor use.
- A desktop issuing reader with internal antennas and a
short read to enable tags to be issued.
- Readers and Tags are compatible with ISO 18000-6A
ensuring that customer is not locked into a single supplier.
- A LAN/Web based software system allowing designated users
to monitor ore movements.
- A set of standard reports
Ore TraK- How the System Works
Ore TraK Implementation Plan
- Using UHF passive tags and
- Tags are issued with time and date
- Tags are placed in
reef or waste at the working
- Tag surfaces with stuff on the conveyor and is activated by the
- Tag number is read by the reader and time and date is
recorded. Information is passed back to the
- Screen displays information.
- Management information reports can be issued.
- Analysis of material flows with
- Site Survey including
- Identification of reader locations.
- Identification of communication
- Hardware and software
- Issue of tags.
- Test run the system by seeding the
stopes with the issued
- Run the standard
- Customise software/reports (extra).
here for more technical specifications
here for a case study on our installation at the Harmony Group - Masimong Mine
Rf Tags Ltd is a branch of the Axicon Auto ID group
Axicon Auto ID Ltd, Church
Road, Weston on the Green, Oxford, OX25 3QP, U.K.
Copyright Axicon Auto ID Ltd 2001-2007